Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I love both my husbands...Isn't that big'o'me?

"Pretty Woman. Memoirs of a Geisha. Firefly. The Girlfriend Experience. Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Moulin Rouge. I began to see a trend: The media says that if you are a person in the sex industry, even one who consensually entered sex work, you will always have to make a choice between love and work. Sex workers, you see, cannot afford to love. Cue dramatic music and wistful looks into the long distance." Check this interesting discussion of loving and sex-working.

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting piece. There are so many prejudices that the partner has to get past in order to be truly supportive of a sex worker in her work. Especially where the work involves physical contact. This may be an arbitrary dividing line, but I have no doubt that I would find that to be a line that made the work much more difficult to accept, even though I know it would be hypocritical of me.
    Anyway, I'm glad you are keeping the blog alive. Hope to read something soon about what has been happening w/ you.

    ReplyDelete